Sunday, October 13, 2013

Reviews: Parks and Recreation



Keepin' It Reel With:

Jenna Stroh
Jenna Stroh aka J-Baby is BACK! The girl with the bangs with quite a lot to say. Good luck TV land, cuz J-Baby be about to dish it out.


Reviewing:

"Parks and Recreation"


Let me preface this review with a disclaimer: This is my 2nd favorite show of all time (only behind "The Office"). I think the characters and the comedy is some of the best I've seen on TV ever. I will never say a bad thing about this show. EVER.

The season premiere of "Parks and Rec" began with right where we left off from season 5. Andy confronts Ron about a positive pregnancy test and it turns out it is Ron's girlfriend's and she (of course!) walks in right at that moment. Ron and Diane quickly get married and BAM! the season begins!

The premiere also included Leslie and her team dealing with the citizens of Pawnee, Indiana calling for her recall from office. Basically everyone in this town is overweight and rude and awful. But luckily, April nominated Leslie for an International Women in Government award and Leslie won! Wee!! So the group jets off to London to accept the award while Ben and Andy try to get a rich British royal to donate money to their non-profit.

Another huge point of the show (drumroll, please): ANN AND CHRIS ARE HAVING A BABY AND CHRIS WANTS TO NAME IT CHICKPEA. Ok, not really. But he said it's better than Olive because a chickpea is lower in sodium. Classic Chris. But seriously, I got the feels. Chris and Ann are too freaking cute. 

Overall, I thought the premiere was great. As I said before, I love the show and think it is the best piece of comedy on TV right now. I got choked up at least twice. I think the premiere wasn't focused on getting more followers, but keeping the ones they have already. So my piece of advice-watch the show from the beginning on Netflix. And P.S. Season 5 was just added!




Reporting by: Jenna Stroh



If you loved what you read then tell Jenna!

Don't forget to like us, share us, follow and comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment